Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Tribute


                                              


Hello my friends. I would like to start this blog by observing a moment's silence for those innocent lives that were lost seven years ago on this very day: The attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Okay, now let me introduce myself. I am the Peacelover, a boy, 15 years of age, living in Chennai, India. I am an American citizen, but living in India. I want to  fight for something that many people still vehemently oppose, a Global world.

By Global World I do not mean the trade relations, democratic governments, leaders of different countries opposing each other but still shaking hands with each other. No. By Global World I mean a world in which everybody walks together, be it your an American, Indian or anyone else. By Global World I mean we do not distinguish ourselves based on the country to which we belong. I mean a world where an Italian helps a French, not caring that he has allegiance to a 'different country'. I mean a world where there is PEACE.

I know my vision is extremely Utopian, and I also know that many people will oppose me by trying to act patriotic. My classmates act so patriotic, that even sometimes I feel guilty. But a few weeks ago, we had to come to school for celebrating Independence Day and hoisting our national flag. Guess what? Only three of them came! Sounds patriotic to me!

I don't know how this vision of mine will work out, but all those people out there listening to me, if you think in a similar way and are scared to express, don't worry. I am there and I know there are many others. Together we can work and make this vision a reality.

I am not enclosing my blog to more than 90% of my classmates, as I am sure they will be extremely angry with me. Please don't be like them. Let us change how the world sees itself. Let us work towards a peaceful world. Let peace ring in the hearts of all...


Peace.

3 comments:

The Messed Up One said...

Nice Post da
I will be with you in whatever we do together and do not forget, there is God too who will be always there to help us.
Hoping everything will become alright, in your life, in my life in everyone's life........ in the world.

Unknown said...

The idea of a "Global World" is very divine. But you have strongly mistaken the attitude of people here, why do you think they should oppose you?...is it by the idea of patriotism? If so let me unfold a small story to you..Long time ago people began an era with a motive to do good to mankind. They were not able to obtain much success since one could not help another living at a great distance. Hence, people of every region decided to help those closer to them thereby binding each other into regions. As time passed, peolple also developed a sense of immense love and gratitude to these regions which we now call 'nations'. This love was coined the word "Patriotism".
Since today's world is quite different...definitely what you think will work out!
All the best in your venture!

Abhishek Ravichandran said...

Good Start, but the most important thing is to continue what you are doing. Believe in it and never lose hope. Don't be pessimistic, never, and never care about detractors. Then again, snap back to reality. Think what you can really achieve. Set goals for yourself, and achieve that. Accomplishing that is greater than anything else. Other than that, good luck, bro!